Friday, June 4, 2010

Life of Ed Murphy Part 12

During my time in the service I could never decide on what career I wanted to follow. I felt I should return to college, but I could not make up my mind to do so. After spending nearly a year on the farm and some time in Las Vegas, I decided that I would return to college. I finally decided to major in accounting and in January of 1947 I returned to college.
School was a new challenge for me, but it was enjoyable. I spent a lot of time studying, not always so effective as it should be. I first lived in the field house and later in an apartment just off the hill from the campus. While at college I joined the ROTC program and the Artillery Branch of the National Guard. This provided additional money I needed to help support me through school. In the National Guard my conduct as a soldier was not very becoming. (explain)
From November 1943 until April 1944 Ruth Gilbert and I wrote to each other. In April 1944, Ruth and I went on our first date when I was on leave. We went with Charles and his date to the ‘Hot Pots’ swimming holes in Heber, Utah. We dated intermittently on the times I could get leave from the service. I never really proposed and it was always assumed that we would be married. I sent a ring in the mail to Ruth in February of 1947 and our engagement was ‘official’. In June of 1947

No comments:

Post a Comment