Friday, June 4, 2010

Life of Ed Murphy Part 14

In November of 1950 we moved into our first home. A 2 bedroom brick dwelling with a full basement. Also, on November 11th our second son, Lynn, was born.
In August of 1951 I was recalled into the service (Airforce). I was assigned as an auditor, except for the first couple of months. My family was with me during my assignment. We lived in Wichita, Kansas. I completed my tour in March, 1953. At that time we returned to our home in Salt Lake City.
My first job was keeping books for a couple of lumber companies. This lasted until October of 1953, at which time I started with the JC Penny company in their Western Accounting Division.
LeAnn was born in September, 1953, our first daughter and not so long after our second daughter Carol was born in March of 1957. After living in the Rose Park area for 15 years, we moved to our present home in Bountiful in March, 1965. This was a big decision for the whole family. We had gained many choice friends in Rose Park. The decision to accept the bigger house and payments was also difficult. We now feel the decision was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment