Friday, June 4, 2010

Life of Ed Murphy Part 15

My experience as a father and a husband has been a challenging, sometimes discouraging, but overall very rewarding experience. The most rewarding and gratifying decision I ever made was that of choosing my wife. She has been so patient, loving and tolerant to my many shortcomings. I am grateful and proud of the accomplishments of my children. My first choice calling in the church was when Norman turned 12. I was asked to be the Deacons advisor. I accepted because I knew it would force me to set the example for my 2 sons by attending Priesthood regularly. Up until that time I was not going to church on a regular basis. I truly enjoyed working with the boys 12-14 years of age.
We are the parents of 5 children, 21 grandchildren and 17 great grand children. Our three sons served L.D.S. missions and both of our daughters were married in the Temple. Looking back over my life, if I had to do it over again I would do some things different. However, I have been very blessed, more that I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment